A hospital stay can be a stressful experience for you and your child. During this time medical social workers are available to support you and help meet the needs of your family. Social workers are located in each inpatient unit and in outpatient clinics.
Contact a Hospital Social Worker
Social workers are available 24 hours a day. Ask your nurse to contact the unit social worker or call 801-662-1000 and ask for the social worker on call.
Social Workers Can Help With
- Coping with medical fears, anxiety, stress, depression, etc.
- Grief, loss & end of life issues
- Family conflict
- Child behavior problems
- Catastrophic/Chronic/Traumatic illness & injury
- Advance Directives
- Communication with the medical team
- Referrals to education and support groups
Resources for Families
- Ronald McDonald Family Room
- Outdoor patios
- Gift Shop
- Laundry rooms
- Computers with internet access, printers, fax machine
- Free parking
- Onsite Utah Medicaid representatives
- Medical library