Individual appointments are available at many convenient locations throughout the Salt Lake Valley, including the main hospital and our outpatient services at Riverton Hospital.
Initial appointments last approximately one hour and follow-up visits can be scheduled to monitor progress and adjust nutrition care plans. Follow up appointment generally last 30-60 minutes depending on needs.
To increase the success of your child’s nutrition care plan we recommend multiple, long-term, and consistent appointments with the Outpatient Dietitian. Please ask your referring physician to recommend multiple appointments.
Clinic AppointmentsRegistered Dietitians are available in these clinics:
- Allergy Clinic
- Behavioral Health
- Cystic Fibrosis Clinic
- Diabetes Clinic
- Dysphagia Clinic
- Elimination Disorder Clinic (EDDI Clinic)
- Gastrointestinal Clinic
- Follow-Up Nutrition Clinic (FUN Clinic)
- Ketogenic Clinic
- Spina Bifida Clinic
Preparing for an Appointment
- Contact the child’s insurance provider before scheduling an
appointment to verify coverage. A physician’s referral for a “Nutrition
Consult”, “Medical Nutrition Therapy” or “Nutrition Education” is often
required for insurance coverage, but is not necessary.
- Prepare a list of medications, vitamins and mineral supplements,
and/or oral supplements your child is taking and bring this list to your
- Please bring a 3-day food record including everything your child eats or drinks. It is helpful to include time of meal and portion sizes. Bring this list with you to your child’s appointment for the dietitian to review.
- Cancellations should be made at least one day before your scheduled
appointment so that we may provide service to others during that time.
We accept most insurance carriers and self-pay. Please bring your insurance or payment information with you to appointments.
If your insurer requires a referral from your primary care physician, it is your responsibility to contact your child’s physician to obtain the referral.
Primary Children’s Hospital
81 N. Mario Capecchi Drive
Salt Lake City, Utah 84113
Primary Children’s Outpatient Services at Riverton
3733 West 12600 South (Building 3)
Riverton, Utah 84065
Third Floor- Go to the Registration Desk just off the elevators.
To schedule an appointment at any clinic call (801) 662-1601
For referrals, fax to (801) 662-5300