The Children’s Unit at Riverton Hospital is a 30-bed inpatient unit that provides care for patients who don’t need to travel to Primary Children’s Medical Center to receive care for more complex illnesses.
The Children’s Unit:
- Provides care by Primary Children’s nurses and patient care assistants.
- Has pediatric hospitalists (physicians specializing in hospital care) from the University of Utah Department of Pediatrics. These same physicians also provide hospital care a Primary Children’s.
- Maintains a strong connection with Primary Children’s Medical Center that will facilitate an easy transition if your child needs more complex care.
- Has contracted with most major insurance providers. Contact your insurance provider to find out if your provider has contracted with the Children’s Unit.
- Patients and families will have access to the same quality of care available at Primary Children’s Medical Center, including award-winning programs run by specialized social workers and other caregivers who know how to put children at ease and answer family questions during a potentially frightening time.
- The new unit is decorated in a fun, outer space theme, carrying on a theme from the Primary Children’s Outpatient Center on the other side of our campus, where the first floor is painted to look the sea, the second is land, and the third is sky.