At Riverton Hospital, we have a more extensive list of services available for children than any other community hospital in Utah. That's because we partner with Primary Children's Hospital to offer both inpatient and outpatient care. Part of why we have this great partnership is because more than 35 percent of the patients seen at Primary Children's actually live in the Riverton area.
Primary Children's Outpatient Services
The doctors available at the Riverton outpatient facility are the same doctors working with patients at the main Primary Children's campus, meaning the same quality care, expertise and outstanding service is experienced at both facilities. The unit is located on the northwest side of the campus.
Primary Children's Unit
Riverton Hospital is the only hospital in Utah to host a special pediatric unit entirely owned and operated by Primary Children's Hospital. That means your child can receive the world class care Primary Children's is known for while staying closer to home.
The Primary Children's Unit at Riverton Hospital is a 30-bed inpatient unit that provides basic care for pediatric patients. Children will need to travel to Primary Children's Hospital to receive care for more complex illnesses, but many conditions can be cared for here.
The Primary Children's Unit:
- Provides care by Primary Children’s nurses and patient care assistants.
- Has pediatric hospitalists (physicians specializing in hospital care) from the University of Utah Department of Pediatrics. These same physicians also provide hospital care at Primary Children's Hospital.
- Maintains a strong connection with Primary Children's Hospital that will facilitate an easy transition if your child needs more complex care.
- Has contracted with most major insurance providers. Contact your insurance provider to find out if your provider has contracted with the Primary Children’s Unit.
- Patients and families will have access to the same quality of care available at Primary Children's Hospital, including award-winning programs run by specialized social workers and other caregivers who know how to put children at ease and answer family questions during a potentially frightening time.
- The unit is decorated in a fun, outer space theme, carrying on a theme from the Primary Children’s Outpatient Center on the other side of our campus, where the first floor is painted to look like the sea, the second is land, and the third is sky.
The Intermountain Southridge KidsCare, located on the first floor of the hospital, offers after-hours urgent pediatric care for minor emergencies, from upset stomachs and earaches to cuts or broken bones needing x-rays. The doctors are board certified in pediatrics and family practice, and are experienced in providing urgent care to children and teenagers. Walk-ins and appointments are both available, and most insurances are accepted. Call (801) 285-4561 to make an appointment or learn more.
The clinic's hours are:
- Monday-Friday, 5 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Holiday hours may vary
<img height="1" width="1" alt="" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=899515403436925&ev=PixelInitialized" />