What are the benefits for seniors who volunteer?
- Meeting new friends
- Keeps the body and mind active, which contributes to overall well-being
- Makes use of personal expertise and skills
- Provides purpose
What volunteer opportunities are available?
- Customer services and comfort and care
- Surgery waiting areas
- Emergency Department and Intensive Care Units
- Information/Lobby areas
- Compassionate patient visitation
- Hospice patient and family support
- Gift shop and flower delivery
- Language services
- Office help
- Positions may vary at each hospital
What is required of me?
- A six-month commitment
- Four hours a week
How do I learn more?
Contact Riverton Volunteer Services (801) 285-2137.