If you’ve hurt your back or neck, TOSH’s Back and Neck Center can help you. Our experts are here to give you a quick assessment of your condition, offer treatments, and give you quick referrals to back and neck specialists if they are needed.
We offer a convenient, outpatient setting and are staffed by a physical therapist and nurse practitioner who will diagnose your pain and get you the help you need. If your pain is sudden, we’ll use simple medications and physical therapy to help relieve your symptoms. If you have pain that won’t go away, a history of back problems, or the tests show nerve damage, you’ll be referred to a spine specialist for more treatment.
Our program uses a multi-pronged approach to assess and evaluate patients with back and neck pain, which includes:
- An intial evalutation with a nurse practitioner will assess the possible causes of your back pain and rule out red flags. The nurse practitioner will also prescribe pain medication when needed for short-term pain management.
- A physical therapists is available to evaluate your immediate needs and determine the benefits of further therapeutic intervention. They’ll provide access to a comprehensive, convenient network of physical therapy treatment.
- An educational psychologist will be available to provide evaluations and researched-based cognitive training to help enhance pain management and increase patients’ emotional resilience.
- Radiology services include same-day or next-day access to TOSH’s comprehensive diagnostic services, including X-ray, MRI, and CT.
- Quick access to spine specialty providers. Referrals to therapy centers within TOSH and/or in your neighborhood will be provided quickly and efficiently.
- Patients will be returned to their primary physician for ongoing primary care needs.
Same Day and Next Day Appointments Available
Our team provides timely and thorough evaluation, diagnostic workups, and therapeutic treatment of your condition. We manage acute, sub-acute and chronic spine conditions. Complete evaluation and timely diagnosis is followed by thorough patient education and effective treatment. Call us at (801) 314-2210 to make an appointment.
The center is located on the fourth floor of the TOSH medical tower. Enter through Entrance 5. Most patients feel relief after one or two visits with us.