The spine physical therapy team at TOSH is a dynamic group of skilled physical therapists who specialize in caring for patients with neck and back related problems. They make every effort to apply the current best-evidence and emerging new techniques, while tailoring care to the individual needs of their patients.
The large number of patients that choose TOSH for physical therapy allows this team to have a spine specialty program, where therapists can focus on the spine in their education, research, and resources. They are part of a nationally recognized team of therapists, within Intermountain Healthcare, who are not only working in the clinic but are also involved in creating, presenting, and publishing a part of today’s best-evidence.
The spine therapy team is part of a larger multidisciplinary program who specialize in the spine. Unlike many other physical therapy settings, the therapy department is uniquely designed and equipped for helping patients with orthopedic spine problems.
The Spine Therapy Team Includes:
- Orthopedic Surgeons
- Physiatrists (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation physicians)
- General Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
Facilities and Programs:
- A warm, 25 yard, 5 lane exercise pool, offering one on one as well as group therapy
- Mechanical cervical (neck) and lumbar (low back) traction
- Rehabilitative Ultrasound Imaging (RUSI) - For biofeedback training of the deep abdominal muscles
- Harness-supported treadmill unloading - Device used for reducing effects of gravity while walking on a treadmill
- Pilates program - Certified Pilates instructors and Pilates specific equipment allows us to offer Pilates based training in both one on one and class settings
- Healthy Golf - Specially trained therapists offer one on one expert evaluation for performance enhancement and injury assessment/prevention including the use of state of the art video analysis tools
- Work Conditioning/Functional Restoration - This program has been rehabilitating injured workers since 1985 and specializes in a unique blend of:
- Physical therapy
- Behavior and pain management
- Classroom education
- Work simulation
- Psychological support