Kary Woodruff, Sport Dietician
Sport Nutrition at TOSH is designed to teach athletes, parents, and coaches about the relationship between nutrition and sport performance.
Our services include:
- Individualized counseling
- Screening and treatment for at risk behaviors in young athletes (disordered eating and related complications)
- Group workshops
Services are available to all athletes - high school, club, or recreational.
TOSH offers a monthly sport nutrition workshop with hands-on food and cooking experiences for young athletes (ages 9-18) as well as a semi-monthly adult sport nutrition workshop.
Nutrition workshops can be tailored to meet the needs of specific athletes, and coaches are encouraged to set up private clinics for teams and parents.
Monthly youth workshops take place in the Athletes' Kitchen at TOSH and rotate through a series of topics including:
- Cooking 101 for Athletes
- Better School Lunches
- Recovery Nutrition
- Making Travel & Snack Packs
- What's in the Pre-Game Meal?
- Additional topics will be added upon request, and privately arranged clinics will address specific team/group concerns.
Adult workshops can focus on a variety of seasonally-appropriate topics and have included:
- Incorporating Vegetable Protein
- Seasonal Eating for Athletes
- Eating for Endurance Training
- Meal Planning for Athletes
Individualized Nutrition Counseling, among other topics, may include:
- Specific nutrition recommendations based on training, performance, and weight goals
- Body composition assessment
- Meal planning
- Dietary analysis
- Race nutrition planning and strategy
- Eating disorder treatment and counseling