January 6 — PROVO — Women from across Utah County are invited to take part in Utah Valley Heart & Vascular Services’ 100-Day Heart Challenge. Fifteen women age 30 and above will be selected to be part of the challenge to see which one can improve her heart health the most in approximately three months. Participants will be selected near the end of January by Utah Valley Heart & Vascular Services personnel and receive the following free services during the challenge:
• Pre-screenings (Weight, body fat, complete cholesterol profile, blood glucose, blood pressure, waist circumference, metabolism)
• A 12-week nutrition course and follow-up sessions taught by a registered dietitian
• Personalized exercise plan & multiple sessions with a fitness coach
• Free membership to Utah Valley Wellness Center throughout the Challenge
• Heart health educational information
• Weekly progress checks
The winner of the 100-Day Heart Challenge will be the woman who makes the most improvement in the screening categories. As the winner, she will receive:
• A $500 Visa Card
• A two-year membership to Utah Valley Wellness Center
• A healthy heart
Participants will be featured throughout the entire 100-Day Heart Challenge on the Daily Herald Web site and at times in the Daily Herald newspaper and in other news media. To apply to participate in the Challenge, please go to www.utahvalleyregional.org/heartchallenge.
For more information, please contact Janet Frank in Communications at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center at 801.357.7766 or email@example.com. The deadline to submit an application is Tuesday, Jan. 20.
For more information about this press release, please contact Janet Frank at 357-7766 or firstname.lastname@example.org.