The Dayspring Program is a drug and alcohol treatment program that helps patients work to become free from mood-alterning chemicals. Operated as part of the Utah Valley Psychiatry and Counseling Clinic, our team works with patients to help them overcome addictions and live a healthy, fulfilling lifestyle.
The Dayspring Program meets twice a week – Monday and Thursday, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30p.m. – for 12 to 16 weeks. These meetings provide group therapy and education, helping patients understand the effects of their choices and how to overcome addictions.
This program is designed for adults, age 18 and up. Many insurances cover the cost of the program, which means a co-pay for the patient for each session. Please check with your insurance company to see if you are covered. The cost without insurance is about $102 a week, due in full prior to graduation (drug screen not included). Aftercare is also available upon completion of the program without charge.
Treatment for patients happens in three phases:
Phase I - Assessment and Evaluation
This includes a comprehensive assessment of psychological, social, family, chemical use and behavioral functioning. A physical examination with certain lab work is recommended.
Phase II - Active Treatment
Active treatment includes group therapy and education sessions. The treatment program addresses the following areas:
- Education about the effects of alcoholism and drug abuse.
- Creating a plan for a relapse prevention program.
- The patient will attend a 12-step meeting program to help them .
- The patient is encouraged to involve significant others in their treatment by having them attend a family portion of the treatment program.
- Nutrition and exercise best-practices are explored to show how these can help a patient stay healthy and sober.
- Patients will examine the importance of balancing relationships, work and leisure time in their lifestyle.
- The patient will learn communication skills, assertiveness training and social skills improvement.
- Instruction in rational thinking is provided.
- Anger management.
- Self-esteem building.
- Treatment is provided to help resolve resentments or neglected issues which might be contributing to alcohol and drug use.
Phase III - Aftercare
Following treatment, a patient is expected to continue to follow and evaluate their relapse prevention program, contrinue to demonstrate they have a relationship with a sponsor in a 12-step support group, understand issues with "middle recovery", and be alcohol and drug free. Aftercare includes meeting once per week, for a minimum of one year following active treatment.
For more information or to schedule an assessment or evaluation, please contact the Dayspring Program at (801) 357-7525.