The pre-diabetes class is offered twice a month at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center.
The class provides the most current information available on preventing diabetes. Each class is taught by a certified diabetes educator or a certified health education specialist. Information taught includes:
- Normal physiology of glucose metabolism
- Pathophysiology of pre-diabetes (insulin resistance)
- Guidelines for diagnosing pre-diabetes
- Statistics on pre-diabetes
- Benefits of exercise and exercise recommendations
- Basic meal planning
The pre-diabetes class is free of charge and must be referred by a primary care physician. Classes are offered two times each month – a morning class from 9:30-11:30 a.m., and an evening class from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Type 2 Diabetes Class
The Type 2 Diabetes class must be referred by a primary care physician. Classes are offered two times each month from 6-9 p.m. Please call (801) 357-7546 for more information or to register.