Not Just for Eggheads
Eggs are all they're cracked up to be!
Seriously, an egg (or two) can be just what you need to start your day right — it's an excellent source of protein and also includes all nine essential amino acids (which your body needs to function well) plus vitamins and nutrients that are excellent for your eyes, brain and heart.
Yup, You Should Eat the Yolk Too: People used think it wasn't healthy to eat egg yolk — but that's old-school thinking. Egg yolks are rich in choline, a nutrient that isn't all that easy to find in other foods.
Egging You On at Breakfast
- Hard-boiled eggs are great for on-the-run breakfasts (a good lunch choice too).
- You can microwave scrambled eggs — crack into a glass bowl, stir, zap 30 seconds and you're done!
- Egg sandwiches (on whole grain toast)
- Egg-and-cheese burritos (add chopped peppers!)
- And if you plan ahead, quiche (with veggies) is great too!