Beef Bulger Burger with Celery Citrus Salad
You don’t have to ditch all burgers to eat healthy. This beef bulgur burger is bursting with flavor.
Beef Bulgur Burger:
- Add bulgur to boiling water; cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until water is almost absorbed and bulgur is tender.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Fluff bulgur and set aside until cooled.
- Grease grill grates with oil and preheat to medium heat.
- Mix together beef, bulgur, parsley, cumin, cinnamon, allspice and diced onion.
- Form mixture into 5 patties and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill patties, flipping once, until deep golden brown and cooked through 5-7 minutes per side.
Celery Citrus Salad:
- Squeeze juice from one orange into large bowl, add feta cheese and vinegar; mix with a fork; mashing the cheese to make a dressing.
- Peel other oranges; separate into segments, cut in half.
- Transfer to bowl with dressing, add greens, celery leaves and celery; toss well.
Place one Bulgur Burger patty on each bun, top with lettuce leaf, sliced onion and two tomato slices, serve with ½ cup of Celery Citrus Salad per serving.
Note: Video of recipe preparation to be posted after KSL's filming for Your Life Your Health.