Flank Steak with Bulgur Risotto and Squash
Here are easy to follow instructions for the entree and the side dish:
- Combine squash and garlic in a shallow roating pan. Drizzle with oil, tossing gently to coat.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until squash is tender, stirring once. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Bring water to a simmer, (do not boil), keep warm over low heat.
- Heat oil in a flat bottomed sauce pot over medium heat, add bulgur; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add cooking wine; cook 2 minutes, or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Add warm water, 1 cup at a time, stirring frequently until each portion of water is absorbed before adding next (about 30-40 minutes total).
- Stir in squash; cook 3-5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat; stir in parsley and sage.
- Marinate flank steak in lite Italian dressing for 2 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 250F, place meat in a roasting pan and roast for 30-40 minutes, or until desired doneness is achieved.
- Slice meat into 1 oz. thin slices; place over risotto.
- Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon of cheese.
Note: Video of recipe preparation to be posted after KSL's filming for Your Life Your Health.
Here are all of the ingredients needed to make this delicious meal:
- 2-1/2 cup Squash Butternut Fresh, Peeled & Cubed
- 2-1/2 tsp. Garlic Chopped in Water
- 1-1/2 tsp. Oil Olive Canola 75/25
- 2-1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp. Oil Olive Canola 75/25
- 1-1/4 cup Grain Specialty Bulgur (Remote)
- 6-2/3 tbsp. Wine Cooking Sauterne
- 2-1/2 tsp. Parsley Cleaned/Trimmed Fresh Herb, Chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Spice Sage Rubbed
- 1-1/4 lb. Flank Steak
- 6 tbsp. Lite Italian Dressing/Marinade
- 5 tbsp. Cheese Parmesan Shredded