This tender chicken gyro is coated in tzatziki sauce, tucked into a warm pita, and served with delicious Moroccan couscous.
- Greek pita bread (5 pieces)
- 1/4 cup tzatziki sauce
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, shredded
- 5 each 4oz chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 2/3 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onions, slivered
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, chopped
- 1 tbsp. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup Moroccan couscous
- 2 tbsp. slivered raw almonds
- 1/4 cup seedless raisins
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. green onions, thinly sliced
Wilted Baby Spinach
- 1/4 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. fresh spinach
- 1 1/4 tbsp. garlic, diced
- 1/2 cup red onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 320F; place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165F is reached.
- Spread Tzatziki sauce on each warmed pita bread. Top with shredded romaine lettuce and thinly sliced chicken breasts.
- Divide the tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, and feta evenly and place on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle each gyro with lemon pepper seasoning.
- Bring water to a boil over heat.
- Place couscous in a pan; drizzle oil to coat couscous evenly.
- Add almonds, raisins, cinnamon and salt to couscous mixture; and combine thoroughly.
- Pour boiling water over couscous mixture, stir to combine and immediately cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Allow couscous to steam in the covered pan for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove plastic and "rake" couscous with a fork to combine and separate any clumps.
Serve one chicken gyro with 1/3 of a cup (3oz) of almond couscous per serving; garnish with thinly sliced green onions.