Jamaican BBQ Chicken with Lemon Couscous Salad
For Caribbean flare, this flavorful chicken isn’t shy of spices and herbs. Lemon couscous salad keeps things fresh, and roast corn salsa adss just the right flavor as a delicious side.
Lemon Couscous Salad:
- Bring water to a boil.
- In a pan, drizzle the couscous with olive oil; stir to evenly coat.
- Pour the boiling water over the couscous; stir to combine. Immediately cover with plastic wrap; steam for 15 minutes.
- Remove the plastic wrap and rake the couscous with a fork to separate any clumps.
- Add the salt and pepper, lemon juice, spinach and onions to the couscous; toss.
Jamaican BBQ Chicken:
- Mix all of the spices and brown sugar together.
- Rub the chicken with the spice mixture.
- Combine the honey, tomato paste and vinegar; mix well.
- Place the chicken on the grill or broiler, baste with the honey mixture.
- Cook on the grill or finish in the oven until an internal temperature of 165F is reached, slice on a bias.
Roasted Corn & Black Bean Salsa:
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Spread the corn out on a baking sheet, sprayed with nonstick pan coating; roast until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet; sauté the black beans, green pepper, green onion and diced tomato.
- Sauté the vegetables until they are heated through, add the roasted corn; season with cayenne pepper and salt.
Serve one sliced Jamaican BBQ chicken breast atop 1/2 cup roasted corn salsa with 3/4 cup lemon couscous per serving.