Chicken Gyro with Almond Couscous
Tender chicken gyro is coated in tzatziki sauce and tucked into a warm pita, served with delicious Moroccan couscous.
- Preheat oven to 320F; place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 13 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 165F is reached.
- Spread Tzatziki sauce on each warmed pita bread, top with shredded romaine lettuce, and thinly sliced chicken breasts.
- Divide the tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, and feta evenly and place on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle each Gyro with lemon pepper seasoning.
- Bring water to a boil over heat.
- Place couscous in a pan; drizzle oil to coat couscous evenly.
- Add almonds, raisins, cinnamon and salt to couscous mixture; and combine thoroughly.
- Pour boiling water over couscous mixture, stir to combine and immediately cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Allow couscous to steam in the covered pan for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove plastic and "rake" couscous with a fork to combine and separate any clumps.
Serve one Chicken Gyro with 1/3 of a cup (3oz) of Almond Couscous per serving; garnish with thinly sliced green onions.
Note: Video of recipe preparation to be posted after KSL's filming for Your Life Your Health.