Pecan Chicken with Red Mashed Potatoes and Blue Cheese Green Beans
Add a little crunch to traditional chicken with a pecan crust, served with creamy mashed potatoes and blue cheese crumbled in green beans.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place the flour and eggs in separate pans.
- Mix the bread crumbs, red pepper and ground pecans together.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, then the egg, and then the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake until an internal temperature of 165F is reached.
- Bring the broth, lime juice, brown sugar, soy sauce and maple syrup to a boil; turn down heat and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Make slurry with the corn starch and water; add to sauce, and cook until thickened.
Red Mashed Potatoes:
- Steam and mash red potatoes per package instructions and top with sliced green onions.
Blue Cheese Green Beans
- Bring green beans and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook until beans are just tender, 3 minutes.
- Uncover and continue cooking; stirring occasionally, until water has evaporated, 3-4 minutes more.
- Add oil, salt and pepper to the pan, sauté.
- Transfer beans to a large bowl and toss with red peppers and bleu cheese until well coated.
Serve 2T of sauce over each Pecan Chicken Breast, atop 1/3 cup of Red Mashed Potatoes with ½ cup Blue Cheese Green Beans per serving.
Note: Video of recipe preparation to be posted after KSL's filming for Your Life Your Health.