Curry Turkey Burger with Cucumber and Tomato Salad
Fire up the grill for a tasty twist on burgers with this turkey version that combines a delicious curry sauce and veggies.
Curry Turkey Burger:
- Combine breadcrumbs, egg, carrot, raisins, cilantro, curry powder, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Add the ground turkey; gently mix all ingredients together, be careful not to overwork the meat.
- With dampened clean hands, form turkey mixture into 5 patties of even thickness.
- Arrange patties on a lined baking sheet, cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cook burgers; turning once with a spatula, for 6 minutes per side or until and internal temperature of 165 degrees F is reached.
- Combine the FF mayo, curry powder, ground mustard, water, vinegar and black pepper; mix until smooth.
- Cut the spinach tortilla in half; lightly smear 1 tsp. of curry sauce per burger.
- Place the burger, tomato, then lettuce on the middle of the wrap; fold over sides to make a cone.
- Roughly chop tomato and cucumber into large pieces.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar and lemon pepper.
- Pour the dressing on the tomatoes and cucumber and marinate for 20 minutes.
Serve one curry turkey burger with 1/2 cup of cucumber salad per serving.
Note: Video of recipe preparation to be posted after KSL's filming for Your Life Your Health.
Curry Turkey Burger
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 each egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup raisins, seedless
- 3 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 2 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 1/4 tsp. ginger root, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 1/2 each 12" spinach tortilla
- 5 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 10 slices tomato
- 2 tbsp. fat free mayonnaise
- 1/8 tsp. curry powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground mustard powder
- 1/8 tsp. water
- 1/8 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 1/3 cups red tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups cucumbers, chopped
- 1 1/4 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. lemon pepper