Shrimp with Quinoa Salad
Shrimp and Quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups fresh beets (12 ounces)
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 1/4 tsp. fresh orange zest
- 1 1/8 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground paprika
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cup fresh oranges, diced
- 2 1/2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 lb. thawed pre-cooked tiger shrimp
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rinse any dirt or debris from the beets; wrap the whole beets with aluminum foil; roast until fork tender.
- Remove the beets from the foil when cooled, peel and slice.
- Combine the green onion, orange, lemon zest and juices, cilantro and spices in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Gradually add oil, stirring constantly; set dressing aside.
- Place quinoa in a fine sieve, rinse and drain. Repeat procedure twice; drain well.
- Combine water and the washed Quinoa in a saucepan; bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, fluff with a fork; chill.
- Combine chilled quinoa and diced oranges in a bowl, tossing gently to combine, add the dressing to coat.
Place 1/2 cup of fresh spinach on a plate, portion 1 cup of the quinoa salad onto the spinach, to the side; shingle 6 Beet slices and 4 Shrimp per serving.