Orange Cod with Walnuts and Mountain View Vegetables
Citrus-tinged cod with walnuts offers a flaky texture and a perfect crunch. Coupled with fresh, sautéed vegetables, you’re promised a fresh blend of light and zesty flavors.
Orange Cod with Walnuts:
- Combine orange juice, orange zest, minced shallots, honey, oil, mustard, and garlic in a medium bowl; mix.
- In a sided pan, place cod in a single layer; pour half of the marinade over cod, making sure it is evenly coated, reserve the other half.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Place the sugar in a nonstick sauté pan, over medium heat, cook until sugar dissolves; do not stir.
- Add walnuts, stirring until coated; remove from heat.
- Spread walnuts in a single layer on parchment paper, sprayed with pan coating, and let stand at room temperature until dry.
- In a food processor, grind walnuts until fine.
- Drain marinade off cod; discard. Bake cod in oven, until an internal temperature of 145 degrees F is reached.
- Bring reserved marinade to a boil, and cook 2 minutes.
Mountain View Vegetables:
- Heat oil in a sauté pan, add carrots and squash; sauté until tender.
- Rinse and bruise the lemon grass by bending back and forth; finely mince.
- Add the rest of ingredients and sauté 2 minutes.
Pour the orange sauce over the baked cod, garnish with 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground walnuts and 1 teaspoon of chives, and serve with 1/2 cup of vegetables.
Note: Video of recipe preparation to be posted after KSL's filming for Your Life Your Health.