Cod Vera Cruz with Swiss Chard
Bring the Mexican seacoast home in delicious cod topped with sautéed vegetables and swiss chard bringing the whole meal together.
Cod Vera Cruz:
Place thawed cod filets in a single layer on a sheet pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Bake at 320F for 12-15 minutes or until internal temperature of 145F is reached.
Sauté the onions and peppers in olive oil, until onions are translucent.
Add diced tomatoes, olives, sugar and seasonings. Cook and stir occasionally until sugar is dissolved.
- In a sauté pan, heat oil; add garlic, sauté until translucent.
- Add the Swiss chard and the onions; sauté until tender.
- Toss cooked chard with balsamic vinegar.
- Place 2oz of sautéed vegetables on a plate, top with 1 Cod filet.
- Add another 1oz of the sautéed vegetables on top of the cod.
- Serve 1/2 cup of Swiss chard per plate.
Note: Video of recipe preparation to be posted after KSL's filming for Your Life Your Health.
Cod Vera Cruz
- 5 each 6 ounce Atlantic cod
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 1/3 cup fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 1/2 each bay leaves, crumbled
- 1 lb. red Swiss chard, rinsed, chopped
- 1 1/4 tsp. olive oil
- 2 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar