Mahi Mahi with Cucumber Salsa and Turmeric Rice
Mahi mahi is a mild-flavored fish that is spiced up in this recipe with a spicy and refreshing cucumber salsa, served up with a flavorful turmeric rice side dish. Here are instructions on preparation:
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat; add the celery and shallots; sauté for one minute.
- Add the rice and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, salt, pepper, and turmeric; bring to a boil.
- Decrease the heat to low; cover and cook for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the broth is absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine the olive oil and lime juice in a bowl and marinate the fish for 15 minutes; cook the fish briefly on the grill to mark in a cross pattern.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the fish on the baking sheet; season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
Mix together the tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, honey, crushed red pepper, olive oil, and salt in a bowl.
Serve one mahi mahi atop 3/4 cup of the turmeric rice; top each portion equally with the cucumber salsa and garnish with fresh cilantro and lime slices.
Note: Video of recipe preparation to be posted after KSL's filming for Your Life Your Health.