Indian Vegetable Curry
An exotic vegetarian dish with international flavor, this Indian vegetable curry has a slightly sweet and mildly spicy taste.
Indian Vegetable Curry:
- Heat olive oil in a large pan.
- Add onions, red pepper, carrots, green onions and thyme; sauté vegetables until tender.
- Add garlic and ginger, sauté 3-4 minutes, add curry powder; sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; add the water.
- Pierce pepper with fork; add to pan.
- Add squash, zucchini and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil; discard pepper.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
Serve 3/4 cup of Indian vegetable curry over 1 cup of brown rice per serving, garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Note: Video of recipe preparation to be posted after KSL's filming for Your Life Your Health.