Dealing with cancer can be physically and emotionally trying for patients and loved ones. We offer programs designed to help meet the needs of everyone affected and work to treat the whole person – not just the disease.
Some patients and loved ones find it helpful to join support groups, which provide a safe place to share thoughts and feelings with others who deal with similar challenges.
The following groups offer support and information for women diagnosed with cancer:
- Women's Cancer Support Group at Logan Regional Hospital
Contact Linda Miller at (435) 752-9385, Lorna Wanlass at (435) 752-5806, or Sally Russell at (435) 792-3512.
- Woman to Woman Gynecologic Cancer Group – Huntsman Cancer Institute, Salt Lake City
Contact Lynne Carlquist or Denise Gitlin at (801) 587-9208.
In addition, general support for cancer patients and their families is available through:
"I Can Cope" & Cancer Support Groups
Free support groups for cancer patients and their families, in collaboration with the American Cancer Society (ACS). These general cancer support groups are available at the following locations:
- I Can Cope – Logan Regional Hospital. Contact ACS at (801) 393-8657.
- I Can Cope – Utah Valley Regional Medical Center. Contact Jeri Young at (801) 373-4137.
- Cancer Support Group – Dixie Regional Medical Center. Contact ACS at (435) 688-4175.
More support groups may be available in your community. For more information, contact the American Cancer Society at 1-800-227-2345.