Intermountain Homecare is proud to have been serving the communities of the Wasatch Front and Southern Idaho for over 20 years. As part of the Intermountain Healthcare system, Intermountain Homecare is Utah’s only full service not-for-profit home health provider and offers services to individuals in need, without regard to race, religion, national origin, disability, age or ability to pay.
Though hospital nurses were making frequent home nursing visits as early as the 1960s, Intermountain Home Health Services was originally formed in 1984, providing: adult and pediatric care, occupational therapy, speech therapy, physical therapy, and social services. In 1994, Intermountain Home Health Services was administratively combined with Intermountain Medical Equipment and Supplies, Hospice of Intermountain, and Intermountain Home Infusion Therapy (previously known as Omnicus). The new entity was known as Intermountain Home Care Services, later shortened to Intermountain Homecare.
Today the four business lines of Intermountain Homecare are represented in 14 communities across Utah and southern Idaho with: 13 Home Health offices; 11 Hospice offices serving all service areas; 11 home medical equipment locations serving all Utah areas, and 2 Infusion Therapy locations serving all service areas.
Intermountain Homecare makes nearly 200,000 home visits every year and serves more than 10,000 patients each month. Intermountain Homecare's fleet of 55 vans makes nearly 100,000 deliveries each year, and Intermountain Homecare ships over 14,000 parcels to patients each year.
With nearly 800 employees in 14 service locations, Intermountain Homecare provides services supporting the communities served by each of Intermountain Healthcare’s hospitals and facilities.
As part of Intermountain Healthcare's charitable mission, in 2006 Intermountain Homecare provided over $3.1 million in charity care to patients in need.
Mission, Vision, & Values
Intermountain Homecare takes great pride in its dedication to Intermountain Healthcare's mission of excellence in the provision of health care services to communities in the Intermountain region. We are also guided by the same vision and values, and are pleased to be part of Intermountain Healthcare’s entire continuum of care.
Our Charity Mission
Intermountain is a charitable, community-owned, nonprofit health care organization based in Salt Lake City that serves the health needs of Utah and Idaho residents. During 2007, in more than 200,000 cases, Intermountain hospitals and associated clinics provided $101.2 million in charitable assistance. In the same year Intermountain Home Care provided over $2.9 million of this charity care. A central part of Intermountain's mission is to provide quality medical care to persons with a medical need, regardless of ability to pay.
- Mutual Respect: "We treat others the way we want to be treated."
- Accountability: "We accept responsibility for our actions, attitudes, and mistakes."
- Trust: "We can count on each other."
- Excellence: "We do our best at all times and look for ways to do it even better."
Leadership & Advisory Board
The unpaid volunteer board that advises Intermountain Homecare:
- JoAnn E. Bott, RN, MSN, JD - Chair - Attorney, Manning Curtis Bradshaw & Bednar
- Spencer Larkin, MBA - Vice Chair - Larkin Mortuary
- Jan Goodrich, BS, MHA- Secretary - Assistant Vice President and Administrator, Intermountain Homecare
- Kelly K. Matthews, PhD - Executive Vice President & Economist, Wells Fargo Bank, Retired
- Chris Coons PhD, FACHE - Vice President of Outreach Services, Intermountain Healthcare
- Brent Wallace, MD - Chief Medical Officer, Intermountain Healthcare
- Judy Blaufuss, RN, MSN - Nurse Administrator, Primary Children's Medical Center, Retired
- Gary J. Measom, APRN, PhD - Dean, Dept of Nursing, Utah Valley State College (UVSC)
- Michael H. Day - Henry Day Ford
- Nancy Murphy, MD, FAAP, FAAPMR - Assistant Professor, U of U, Homecare/South Davis Pediatrics TCU Medical Director
- Kim Henrichsen - Vice President of Clinical Operations, Intermountain Healthcare
- Robert Fotheringham - Brand Force Inc, Retired
- Vere Lancaster, MD, FACP - Medical Director, Intermountain Homecare
- Daniel S. Nelsen - Vice President, Business Development Officer, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- Kevin Eubank - Meteorologist, KSL
- Derek Brown, BA, JD - Attorney, Utah House of Representatives, District 49