Intermountain Laboratory Services is proud to have served the communities of Utah and Southern Idaho for over 20 years. As part of the Intermountain Healthcare system, Intermountain Laboratory Services is Utah's leading diagnostic testing resource. Our laboratory professionals share the mission, vision and values of Intermountain Healthcare as noted below.
Excellence in the provision of healthcare services to communities in the Intermountain region.
- Excellent service to our patients, customers, and physicians is our most important consideration.
- We will provide our services with integrity. Our actions will enhance our reputation and reflect the trust placed in us by those we serve.
- Our employees are our most important resource. We will attract exceptional individuals at all levels of the organization and provide fair compensation and opportunities for personal and professional growth. We will recognize and reward employees who achieve excellence in their work.
- We are committed to serving diverse needs of the young and old, the rich and poor, and those living in urban and rural communities, with sensitivity to cultural differences.
- We will reflect the caring and noble nature of our mission in all that we do. Our services must be high quality, cost-effective, and accessible, achieving a balance between community needs and available resources.
- It is our intent to be a model healthcare system. We will strive to be a learning organization and national leader in nonprofit healthcare delivery.
- We will maintain the financial strength necessary to fulfill our mission.
We will support our core aspiration to deliver "extraordinary care in all its dimensions" with our vision, which is to provide:
- The best clinical practice delivered in a consistent and integrated way.
- Lowest appropriate cost to the population we serve.
- A service experience, supported by systems and processes, that focuses on patients, enrollees, families, and one another.
- A genuine caring and concern in our interactions with patients, families, and one another.
Our Core Values
- Mutual respect. "We treat others the way we want to be treated."
- Accountability. "We accept responsibility for our actions, attitudes and mistakes."
- Trust. "We can count on each other."
- Excellence. "We do our best at all times and look for ways to do it even better."
- We ensure our interactions with those on our team and others promote extraordinary care.
- We promote laboratory quality by recognizing our work impacts the health of somebody’s loved one.
We take responsibility to solve problems for physicians and their patients whose testing we perform.
- We take ownership of physician and patient inquiries until the they ultimately tell us they are satisfied.
- We treat physicians, patients, and co-workers with respect and compassion, always assuming good intent.
We keep physicians and patients informed of tools available to better manage their laboratory experience.
Our Licenses and Accredidations
The laboratories of Intermountain Laboratory Services:
- Hold CLIA licensure
- Hold all required state licenses
- Meet Medicare program requirements
- Are accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP), the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JC), or state laboratory inspection programs.