The city of Santaquin, Utah is located about seventy miles south of Salt Lake City. Originally called Summit City because of its location at the summit dividing line between Utah and Juab valleys, it was settled in late 1851.
Santaquin’s ambulance service began in 1982 under the direction of Tom Augustus, Ralph Ursulich, and Jim Gwynn. They would respond to calls in their private vehicles using C B Radios until they received a donated Ram Charger. In 1985, Santaquin City received their first ambulance which was donated by Utah Power and Light.
Santaquin EMS, as it is now known, currently staffs 3 ambulances, one of which is located at a satellite station in the city of Goshen, Utah. They have approximately 45 volunteer members covering roughly 320 square miles. Each of the volunteers is required to attend a minimum of 2 monthly training sessions which include both classroom and hands-on practical exercises. The members of the Santaquin EMS are known for their knowledge, skills and professionalism.
- Paul Terry, Director
- Lee Savage, Assistant Director
- Bonnie Craig, Secretary
- Ryan Lind, Supply Officer
- William McMullin, Scheduling Officer
- Susan Farnsworth, Training/Infectious Control Officer