Our HealthInsight Award1/5/2011
Salt Lake City — HealthInsight, a private, non-profit community based organization dedicated to improving the healthcare systems of Nevada and Utah, has announced 27 physician office practices as recipients of the 2010 HealthInsight Quality Award. These physician office practices were selected for demonstrating high quality care and a commitment to excellence in health care.
The 2010 Physician Office HealthInsight Quality Award is presented to physician practices that are successful with the adoption of health information technology; use care management methods regularly; participate in a data reporting quality initiative; and achieve exemplary performance on nationally-recognized quality measures related to diabetes, cancer screening, and immunizations.
The physician office practices selected for awards this year are:
• Avenues Specialty Clinic/Internal Medicine – Salt Lake City
• Intermountain Bountiful Clinic – Bountiful
• Salt Lake Clinic – Salt Lake City
• Central Utah Clinic – Provo Internal Medicine – Provo
• Cope Family Medicine – Bountiful
• Davis Family Physicians, P.C. – Layton
• Granger Medical Clinic – West Valley City
• Intermountain Hillcrest Pediatrics – Murray
• Cottonwood Family Practice – Salt Lake City
• Cottonwood Internal Medicine – Murray
• Intermountain Budge Clinic Internal Medicine – Logan
• Intermountain Herefordshire Clinic – Roy
• Intermountain Holladay Clinic – Salt Lake City
• Intermountain Holladay Pediatrics – Salt Lake City
• Intermountain Layton Clinic – Layton
• Medical Tower Family Practice – Murray
• Intermountain Salt Lake Clinic – Salt Lake City
• Intermountain Senior Clinic – Murray
• Intermountain South Sandy Clinic – Sandy
• Intermountain Taylorsville Family Practice – Taylorsville
• Kathryn Allen, MD – West Valley City
• Intermountain Memorial Internal Medicine – Salt Lake City
• Intermountain Memorial Family Medicine – Salt Lake City
• Intermountain Memorial Pediatrics – Salt Lake City
• Southwest Internal Medicine – St. George
• Tri-City Medical Clinic – Pleasant Grove
• Wasatch Internal Medicine and Family Practice – Salt Lake City
Beginning in 2009, HealthInsight began recognizing physician office practices for their effective use of health information technology, patient care management practices, as well as reporting of and exemplary performance on nationally-recognized quality of care measures. The Quality Award aims to promote excellence in health care.
"We are honored to commend these outstanding physician practices that exemplify the improvement of healthcare quality and outcomes for the residents of our state," said Marc Bennett, HealthInsight President and CEO. "Their commitment to excellence in healthcare delivery is evidenced by their achievement of this award.”
HealthInsight is a non-profit, community based organization dedicated to improving the healthcare systems of Nevada and Utah. HealthInsight is the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Chartered Value Exchange (CVE), the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization (QIO), and the Health Information Technology Regional Extension Center (REC) in Nevada and Utah. HealthInsight also serves as the lead organization for IC3, a Utah Beacon Community. For more information, visit www.healthinsight.org.
This material was prepared by HealthInsight, the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization for Nevada and Utah, under contract with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
The contents presented do not necessarily reflect CMS policy. 9SOW-UT-2009-00-075