Welcome Jake Veigel, MD12/8/2013
Intermountain Medical Group welcomes our newest Sports Medicine physician, Jake Veigel, MD to the Sports Medicine Specialty Group. Dr. Veigel sees patients at the Memorial Clinic and Avenues Specialty Clinic.
Dr. Veigel completed his medical degree at the Medical College of Wisconsin and completed his residency in Ogden at McKay-Dee Porter Family Medicine Residency. While in Ogden, he provided medical support for Weber State University’s men’s football and women’s basketball and volleyball teams. Dr. Veigel finished a Sports Medicine Fellowship in 2009 at the University of Massachusetts and has most recently practiced at the Cayuga Medical Center in Ithaca, New York.
A Utah native, Dr. Veigel is happy to be back home in the beautiful mountains of Utah. He enjoys spending time in the mountains hiking, camping, kayaking, and chasing after his wife and three boys. He also road and mountain bikes with the occasional Ragnar event.
Dr. Veigel specializes in comprehensive medical care for athletes, sports teams, or active individuals who are looking to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
He sees patients for the following conditions:
- Acute injuries (ankle sprains, muscle strains, knee, hip, shoulder injuries, and fractures)
- Chronic injuries (tendinitis, stress fractures)
- Concussion management
- Athletes with acute of chronic illness (infectious mononucleosis, asthma, diabetes)
- Shortness of breath in the athlete
- Nutrition, supplement, ergogenic aids and performance issues
- Injury prevention
- “Return to Play” decisions in the sick or injured athlete
- Exercise prescription for patients who want to increase their fitness
- Strength training and conditioning
- Healthy lifestyle promotion