Supply Chain Organization
Intermountain is one of the nation’s most reputable healthcare systems and values its relationships with suppliers, supporting our commitment to provide quality, value driven healthcare to the communities we serve.
Intermountain’s Purchasing, Contracting and Sourcing departments are centrally located as part of its Supply Chain Organization. It also has a strategic partnership with Amerinet, a Group Purchasing Organization in the healthcare industry.
The Supply Chain Organization’s objective is to develop and manage the strongest contract portfolio for Intermountain Healthcare by utilizing both the Intermountain and Amerinet portfolios. Part of that process includes the requirement that supplier contracts meet Intermountain’s clinical and financial criteria and objectives.
Intermountain Healthcare is striving to be one of the leading healthcare systems in technology and lean efficiency processes. As such, we are committed to utilizing GS1 Data Standards that offer global barcoding solutions and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Technology to ease the interchange of data sent electronically and allow for automated processing.
Characteristics that Intermountain believes make for good business relationships with our suppliers:
- Commitment to processes that support managing total costs, quality initiatives and customer service
- Development of enhanced business relationships, as appropriate, with suppliers who are practicing performance management and process improvement
- Supplier quotes, requests for proposals and bids are kept strictly confidential
Intermountain Healthcare has adopted Mazree as its supplier management
tool. Mazree is a free, online business collaboration network that
enables Intermountain Healthcare and its suppliers to easily connect and
collaborate. If you are a supplier and are interested in contacting
Intermountain Healthcare, please create a company profile on Mazree.com and
connect with us there.
To register, go to Mazree's website and
- Create your company profile
- Search for Intermountain Healthcare and click on our logo
- Click on "Send Connection Request"