The curriculum focuses on key competencies such as integrity, emotional intelligence, vision, effective communication, strong relationships, the ability to lead effective teams, and personal accountability.
Our immersive, intensive, and highly-interactive two week-long cohorts emphasize practical knowledge and experiences that enable participants to immediately apply the lessons they learn.
- Course instructors and facilitators, with extensive leadership experience in some of the country’s most respected health systems and educational institutions, bring diverse and inspiring perspectives to class instruction, discussions, and small group exercises.
- The learning journey includes collective and individual work, individual assessments, relevant and practical case studies, simulations with immediate feedback, and time for reflection to assimilate the learning. Participants are asked to discuss current challenges from their own experience during small group discussions and shared learning experiences.
- Leadership assessments are used to help participants understand and utilize their areas of strength and where they might improve in becoming a more effective and trusted leadership.
- The course is held at the inspiring Intermountain Kem C. Gardner Transformation Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. This state-of-the-art building, with commanding views of the stunning Wasatch Mountains, was carefully designed to foster an environment of collaborative learning, simulation, reflection, and imagination.
- The Institute’s alumni program facilitates ongoing learning and continuing connections with other participants and Institute faculty long after completion of the program.
- Leaders of the Institute are available for consultation and ongoing coaching and mentoring during and after the cohort.
*Curriculum and faculty are subject to change.