Intermountain CEO Marc Harrison, MD, announced five important steps we’re implementing to move equity forward in significant ways at Intermountain and in the community:
- Adding equity as both an Intermountain fundamental and a value.
- Hiring new leadership focused on equity, including a chief equity officer, a senior medical director of equity and inclusion, and a senior nursing director of equity and inclusion.
- Hiring an equity advocate who will work to address issues or concerns of inequity among caregivers and those we serve.
- Dedicating funding to support equity opportunities like scholarships, tuition reimbursement, and impact investments.
- Working with other organizations in the community to address racism as a public health crisis.
“I ask you to join me in taking these steps and making a commitment to eliminate disparities based on people’s backgrounds and the color of our skin,” Dr. Harrison said. “Together, we will make a difference in our organization and in our communities. Thank you for your dedication to providing the best possible healthcare for the people we serve.”
Watch Dr. Harrison’s announcement here.