Intermountain has encouraged caregivers to promote behaviors that can help slow the spread of COVID-19—like masking, social distancing, and good hand hygiene—through their personal social media channels. What’s the best way to respond if people reply to your posts with dissenting opinions? Collin Searle, Intermountain’s director responsible for social media channels, shares some strategies to help you respond in a constructive way:
- Don’t take it personal if someone challenges your post.
- Don’t make your response personal.
- Do your homework.
- Choose your words carefully.
- Be careful if you notice disputes erupting independent of you under your posts.
- Try to understand other viewpoints.
- Resist the urge to throw in one last snarky comment loaded with sarcasm.
More suggestions are available here.