SelectHealth is Intermountain’s insurance division, serving more than 750,000 members in Utah and Idaho by providing access to high-quality care.
1. Choice. SelectHealth offers insurance for individuals and their families, small employers, and large businesses.
2. Cost. As a highly efficient not-for-profit health plan, SelectHealth offers competitive premiums. SelectHealth’s administrative expenses average between 9% and 10%, compared to the national average of about 9.5%.
3. Quality. SelectHealth gives members access to the clinically excellent care provided by Intermountain and has received high accreditation status from the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
4. Selection. With more than 5,000 physicians and practitioners on the network panels of SelectHealth, plan members have a wide choice among the region’s leading physicians.
5. Satisfaction. SelectHealth consistently receives high healthcare satisfaction scores among Utah HMOs, according to the Consumer Satisfaction Report of Utah Health Plans, issued by the Utah Department of Health.
6. HEDIS measures. SelectHealth consistently ranks as the overall leader among similar Utah health plans in terms of the Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) metrics. Performance on these metrics is measured annually by the Utah Department of Health.
7. Awards. SelectHealth consistently receives local and national awards for its quality care, member service, and workplace culture. For example, in 2013, SelectHealth was named one of Utah Business magazine’s “Best Companies to Work For” for the sixth straight year.
For more information, visit SelectHealth online.