Here’s a delicious recipe and nutritional information for Kale Chips, as well as a video demonstration of TOSH Dietitian Kary whipping some up in the Athlete’s Kitchen. Trust us - you'll want to give this recipe a try.
- 1 bunch Kale, thoroughly washed and cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste (roughly 1 teaspoon of each)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix together the kale with the olive oil, salt and pepper
- Spread kale out evenly on a baking sheet
- Bake ~10 minutes, until starting to crisp, then remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan
- Return baking sheet to oven for another 5 minutes
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes for additional crispness, or place in a bowl and serve
Amount per serving: 382 Kcals; 27g Carb; 23g Fat; 20g Protein; 765mg Calcium; 4.6mg Iron.