If you are trying to eat healthier, but are getting bored with the same meal of chicken, broccoli and brown rice, then maybe it's time to change things up. Here are five ways you can bust through the meal time boredom and give your taste buds something healthy to crave.
- Find a social network outlet for fun and healthy recipe ideas – Pinterest, Facebook & Twitter can all link you up with other people trying to eat healthier who have found healthful tips and tricks.
- Get a snack buddy, or meal buddy at work – someone who also has a goal of eating healthier. Then take turns making healthy lunches and snacks to get more variety and share the workload.
- If you make meals for your family, try a meal-share with another family – get together one day a week with someone from another family and make meals together. This helps to make it more interactive.
- Try one new recipe each week. I really like www.eatingwell.com as a resource for healthy and easy recipe ideas.
- Get inspiration from healthy restaurants – this can motivate us to try different ingredients and preparation methods.
There's nothing wrong with changing things up, so give these tips a try and your tastebuds and body will thank you.
Here are some recipes you might want to try out, if you're looking for a new one:
- Kale Chips
- Cannellini Hummus
- Cilantro Marinated Sockeye Salmon
- Marinated Flank Steak
- Waldorf Chicken Salad Wrap
- Thai Turkey Lettuce Wrap with Asian Slaw