Brussels sprouts are one of my favorite vegetables. Full of antioxidants, fiber, folate, and vitamin C, this power-packed veggie makes for a great side or main dish
Brussels Sprouts with Dried Cranberries and Shitake Mushrooms
1 pound Brussels sprouts
1 tablespoon olive oil
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 cup sliced shitake mushrooms
½ teaspoon olive oil
¼ cup sliced almonds
½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
½ tablespoon honey
¼ cup dried cranberries
- Trim the root ends off the Brussels sprouts and cut in half, lengthwise.
- Toss the Brussels in the oil, salt and pepper and place in a 350 degree oven for around 16 minutes.
- Place the almonds on a baking sheet and place in the oven for around 6 minutes or until they become golden brown.
- While the Brussels are cooking, heat the remaining oil in a sauté pan and cook the mushrooms until they are tender.
- When everything is finished cooking, toss together and serve.