- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Lightly oil or coat an 8"x8" baking pan or dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place black beans in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs, oil, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, peppermint extract (if desired), baking powder and salt. Process until smooth.
- Add 1/4 cup of the chips and pulse a few times until the chips are incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top with a rubber spatula and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Back 30-35 minutes or until the edges start to pull away from the side of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan before slicing into 2-inch squares.
Amount per serving: 135 kcals; 19g carbs; 6g fat; 3g protein.
Recipe developed by Meal Makeover Moms