I've shared this recipe with the 15 Utah moms I am working with as part of the Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute's My Heart Challenge: Moms Edition and invite you to try this recipe as well.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut lengthwise into three strips)
- NOTE: You can also use chicken tenders
- For the marinade:
- 1 T canola oil
- 1/2 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 t fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- lime juice (1 lime)
- Place a wooden (or metal) skewer through each chicken strip. Place on a plate or in a plastic container.
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together and pour over chicken skewers.
- Cover and refrigerate chicken for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roast chicken skewers until cooked through (roughly 15 minutes). Grilling is also a great option.