As we approach the summer season don't forget to protect your number one defense system, your skin. Here are some easy tips to help prevent skin cancer:
- Stay in the shade, especially between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Do not get burned
- Avoid using tanning beds
- Use a sunscreen with at least SPF of 15 every day. Apply at least 1 ounce to your entire body 30 minutes before going outside. Reapply every two hours.
- Cover your skin with clothing, including a broad-brimmed hat and UV-blocking sunglasses
- Examine your skin head-to-toe every month
- See your dermatologist every year for a professional skin exam