Physical Activity Recommendations
It is recommended that all adults avoid inactivity. Some physical activity is better than none, and adults who participate in any amount of physical activity gain some health benefits.
For substantial benefits, adults are encouraged to get at least 150 minutes of moderate physical activity a week, or approximately 30 minutes a day. Only about 50 percent of men regularly meet these requirements, so here are a few ideas to get you moving:
Easy Ways Men (Especially Dads) Can Be Active
- Play with the kids.
- Take them outside to the park
- Go hiking
- Go for a bike ride
- Be engaged in the sports and activities they enjoy
- Take the stairs
- Don’t take the nearest parking spot
- Don't allow yourself to be too busy to take care of yourself
- Make time to workout
- Find something you enjoy, this will be more sustainable
- Share your activities with a partner
- Find a relatively inexpensive fitness tracker
- Have friendly/family competition
- Report your goals and your activity to a spouse, friend, or loved one
At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter as much how you are active. Just be active.