A new respiratory virus called the 2019 Novel Coronavirus, or 2019-nCoV, is making headlines for causing an outbreak of respiratory illness throughout the world. The outbreak began in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China and quickly spread to 19 countries as of January 29, 2020 – including the United States. Thousands of people have become sick and public health officials are keeping a close watch on how the virus is spreading.
Intermountain is also watching the situation. Out of an abundance of caution we’re prepared to support our communities should the situation worsen and we’ll continue to provide updates as new information becomes available.
Here’s what you need to know about the "Wuhan Coronavirus":
- What is a coronavirus?
- What's different about the "Wuhan Coronavirus"?
- How are coronaviruses spread?
- What are the signs and symptoms of coronaviruses?
- How can I protect myself from coronaviruses?
- What do I do if I'm sick and think I've been exposed to the "Wuhan Coronavirus"?
- Additional resources about 2019 n-CoV and other coronaviruses?