Offered as a one-night class from 7-9:00 p.m. Parents planning to breastfeed are strongly encouraged to take this class prior to delivery. Although breastfeeding is a completely natural process, it is also a learned skill. Class is open to both parents.
This class teaches the basic elements of breastfeeding, answers to questions related to breastfeeding and returning to work, plus it demonstrates products helpful to new and experienced mothers. A breastfeeding booklet is included with the course.
- $20 fee per couple
- Class sizes are limited.
- Pre-registration with payment is required for all classes.
- Register for classes between your fourth and fifth months of pregnancy for best options of class availability.
- A class may be cancelled if enrollment is inadequate, but we will make every effort to reschedule you or return your total fee.
- If you need to cancel a class, you can receive up to an 80 percent refund if you notify us at least three days prior to the class starting. A 20 percent processing fee is deducted with your refund.
Other Intermountain Healthcare Childbirth Education Classes in the Salt Lake Valley
To help you have a healthy pregnancy and prepare for your birth, a wide variety of other childbirth preparation classes are also offered at Alta View Hospital in Sandy, Intermountain Medical Center in Murray and LDS Hospital in Salt Lake City. Core classes are offered at each campus, while specialty programs may be taught at one hospital location.
- Low Intervention Birth Class
- Baby Care Class
- Third Trimester Course
- Birth Basics Online Course - free
2020 Childbirth Education Class Schedules
Alta View Hospital 2020 Childbirth Education Class Schedule
Intermountain Medical Center 2020 Childbirth Education Class Schedule
LDSH 2020 Childbirth Education Class Schedule
Riverton Hospital 2020 Childbirth Education Class Schedule