Low Intervention Birth Class will focus on birth being normal and natural. Emphasis is placed on coping strategies, pain relief, and involvement of the labor partner for those who are choosing low intervention births. The class size is smaller to help ensure more individualized instruction, and more time to practice breathing, relaxation, massage, and positioning to facilitate the birth process.
This is a one-day course taught Saturday from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- $55 fee per couple
- If you are on Medicaid, please register by phone at 801-507-7731.
- Class sizes are limited.
- Pre-registration with payment is required for all classes.
- Register for classes between your fourth and fifth months of pregnancy for best options of class availability.
- A class may be cancelled if enrollment is inadequate, but we will make every effort to reschedule you or return your total fee.
- If you need to cancel a class, you can receive up to an 80 percent refund if you notify us at least three days prior to the class starting. A 20 percent processing fee is deducted with your refund.
Other Intermountain Healthcare Childbirth Education Classes in the Salt Lake Valley
To help you have a healthy pregnancy and prepare for your birth, a wide variety of other childbirth preparation classes are also offered at Alta View Hospital in Sandy, Intermountain Medical Center in Murray and LDS Hospital in Salt Lake City. Core classes are offered at each campus, while specialty programs may be taught at one hospital location.
- Third Trimester Chilbirth Class
- Birth Basics Sat One Day Class
- Sibling Class (not held during flu season, October-March)
- Baby Care Class
2019 Childbirth Education Class Schedules
Mother's Choice Birth Plan - This form is optional to use. It is offered as a resource to enhance your birth experience.
Mothers Choice Birth Plan