Sibling class — This class is for children ages three to ten years old who are expecting a new baby in their family. Children will learn about their mother's stay in the hospital and ways to assist in caring for the new baby at home. Children are encouraged to bring a doll or stuffed animal so they can learn how to hold and diaper a baby. One parent must accompany the child, but both parents are encouraged to attend.
- To protect the health of our patients, Sibling classes will not be held during flu season (October-March).
- "Big Sister" and "Big Brother" t-shirts, baseball caps and other merchandise are available for purchase in the hospital Gift Shop.
- $6 per child.
- Class sizes are limited.
- Pre-registration with payment is required for all classes.
- A class may be cancelled if enrollment is inadequate, but we will make every effort to reschedule you or return your total fee.
- If you need to cancel a class, you can receive up to an 80 percent refund if you notify us at least three days prior to the class starting. A 20 percent processing fee is deducted with your refund.
Other Intermountain Healthcare Childbirth Education Classes in the Salt Lake Valley
To help you have a healthy pregnancy and prepare for your birth, a wide variety of other childbirth preparation classes are also offered at Intermountain Medical Center in Murray, LDS Hospital in Salt Lake City and Riverton Hospital in Riverton. Core classes are offered at each campus, while specialty programs may be taught at one hospital location. We encourage you to register for most classes between your fourth and fifth months of pregnancy for the best selection of available classes.
- Low Intervention Birth Class
- Sibling Class (sibling classes are not held during flu season, October-March)
- Baby Care Class
- Breastfeeding Essentials
- Third Trimester Childbirth Class
- Birth Basics Saturday
- On-line eLearning Childbirth Class
2019 Childbirth Education Class Schedules