This four-week course is taught once a week from 7-9:00 p.m. Class topics include physical and emotional changes of pregnancy, warning signs, nutrition, labor signs, and the process of labor.
Also covered are birthing options, anesthesia options, labor complications, hospital care and procedures, postpartum care, newborn care, and breast feeding. Some time is also set aside to practice breathing, relaxation, and partner support. Bring two pillows for relaxing on the floor.
Additional Registration Information
- $55 fee per couple
- If you are on Medicaid, please register by phone at (801) 507-7731.
- Class sizes are limited.
- Pre-registration with payment is required for all classes.
- Register for classes between your fourth and fifth months of pregnancy for best options of class availability.
- A class may be cancelled if enrollment is inadequate, but we will make every effort to reschedule you or return your total fee.
- If you need to cancel a class, you can receive up to an 80 percent refund if you notify us at least three days prior to the class starting. A 20 percent processing fee is deducted with your refund.
Other Intermountain Healthcare Childbirth Education Classes in the Salt Lake Valley
To help you have a healthy pregnancy and prepare for your birth, a wide variety of other childbirth preparation classes are also offered at LDS Hospital in Salt Lake City, Intermountain Medical Center in Murray and Riverton Hospital in Riverton. Core classes are offered at each campus, while specialty programs may be taught at one hospital location.
- Low Intervention Birth Class
- Birth Basics Saturday
- Sibling Class (classes are not held during flu season, October-March)
- Baby Care Class
- On-line eLearning Childbirth Class
2019 Childbirth Education Class Schedules
Mother's Choice Birth Plan - This form is optional to use. It is offered as a resource to enhance your birth experience.
Mothers Choice Birth Plan