This four week course is taught once a week from 7:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m. Class topics include physical and emotional changes of pregnancy, warning signs, nutrition, labor signs, and the process of labor.
Also covered are birthing options, anesthesia options, labor complications, hospital care and procedures, postpartum care, newborn care, and breast feeding. Some time is also set aside to practice breathing, relaxation, and partner support. Bring two pillows for relaxing on the floor.
- $55 fee per couple
- If you are on Medicaid, please register by phone at (801) 507-7731.
- Class sizes are limited.
- Pre-registration with payment is required for all classes.
- Register for classes between your fourth and fifth months of pregnancy for best options of class availability.
- A class may be cancelled if enrollment is inadequate, but we will make every effort to reschedule you or return your total fee.
- If you need to cancel a class, you can receive up to an 80 percent refund if you notify us at least three days prior to the class starting. A 20 percent processing fee is deducted with your refund.
Other Intermountain Healthcare Childbirth Education Classes in the Salt Lake Valley
To help you have a healthy pregnancy and prepare for your birth, a wide variety of other childbirth preparation classes are also offered at Alta View Hospital in Sandy, Intermountain Medical Center in Murray and Riverton Hospital in Riverton. Core classes are offered at each campus, while specialty programs may be taught at one hospital location.
- Low Intervention Birth Class
- Breastfeeding Essentials
- Baby Care Class
- Birth Basics Saturday
- Birth Basics Online Course
2019 Childbirth Education Class Schedules
2020 Childbirth Education Class Schedules
Alta View Hospital 2020 Childbirth Education Class Schedule
Intermountain Medical Center 2020 Childbirth Education Class Schedule
LDSH 2020 Childbirth Education Class Schedule
Riverton Hospital 2020 Childbirth Education Class Schedule
Mother's Choice Birth Plan - This form is optional to use. It is offered as a resource to enhance your birth experience.
Mothers Choice Birth Plan