Learn how to actively engage in your own health and well-being and discover peace of mind through Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction. (MBSR)
This 8-week, 9-session course will provide you with:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Group dialogue and mindful communication exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
Who will benefit? Individuals who are:
- Experiencing stress related to home, school, family pressures, illness, grief, etc.
- Managing medical conditions such as chronic pain, high blood pressure, fibromyalgia, cancer, heart disease, asthma, etc.
- Dealing with psychological/emotional distress including anxiety, depression and panic.
- Desiring an enhanced wellness and growth, a sense of well-being, an improved ability to take better care of oneself by feeling an increased sense of balance, and the ability to manage and enjoy life on a day to day basis.
Class Instructor: Chanda Vaniman
In 2002, Chanda completed a Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Science from Kennesaw State University near her hometown in Georgia and her master’s degree in Integrative Wellness through Point Loma Nazarene University in 2021. She enjoys fitness and is always learning new ways to be healthy in mind, body and spirit. In 2009, she became Hatha yoga certified at the 500-hour level and in 2021, a level one teacher of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction. She has enjoyed guiding students of all ages and abilities in yoga and meditation for more than 5,000 hours of classes and counting since 2009.
Chanda fell in love with the desert after hiking the Grand Canyon and moved to St George in 2012 for more hiking and National Park going opportunities. Besides yoga and hiking, she loves being an aunt and cooking, and especially loves doing those two things together.