Learn how to actively engage in your own health and well-being and discover peace of mind through Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction. (MBSR)
This 8-week, 9-session course will provide you with:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Group dialogue and mindful communication exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
Who will benefit? Individuals who are:
- Experiencing stress related to home, school, family pressures, illness, grief, etc.
- Managing medical conditions such as chronic pain, high blood pressure, fibromyalgia, cancer, heart disease, asthma, etc.
- Dealing with psychological/emotional distress including anxiety, depression and panic
- Desiring an enhanced wellness and growth, a sense of well-being, an improved ability to take better care of oneself by feeling an increased sense of balance, and the ability to manage and enjoy life on a day to day basis
Meet the instructor:
Dr. David Tate is a psychologist in private practice in St. George for the past 20 years. He has taught over 50 groups and 800 people since beginning training in 1990 with his mentor and the originator of MBSR, Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn. Dr. Tate was one of the early researchers of MBSR, contributing to the now large body of research supporting the significant and substantial emotional and physical health benefits usually realized by MBSR group participants. He has taught mindfulness principles and practices to thousands of people over the last 30 years in business, hospital, health and wellness resort, religious, and government settings, as well as in his own private practice.
Note: Online registration costs are nonrefundable within 30 days of the class start date.