The Neonatal and Pediatric Transport Conference is for medical professionals involved in transporting patients to tertiary care centers.
February 23-24, 2017
Optional Lab Day - February 22, 2017
During the period of transport, critically ill neonates and children are at risk from disease, injury, therapy, and the transport itself. This risk can be minimized by good communication between the referring and receiving caretakers, careful evaluation and management, anticipation of complications, and a well-equipped and well-trained team. This two-day conference provides a comprehensive approach to clinical issues related to neonatal and pediatric transport.
After the conference, each participant will be able to:
- Provide clinical care consistent with current guidelines of practice for specialty team transport.
- Demonstrate assessment and stabilization skills for the care and management of critically ill patients.
- Define management options for specific clinical disease states.
- Discuss limitations and effects of the transport environment on the patient.
This conference is approved for UNA, AMA PRA Category 1, and EMSC credits.
Intermountain Life Flight
- Primary Children's Hospital
- University of Utah Healthcare Department of Pediatrics
* Please call for availability after Friday Feb 17th, 2017.